Seasonal Job Listings
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Avon Lake.
Seasonal Aquatics Manager:
The City of Avon Lake is looking for an Aquatics Manager to manage the Lifeguard staff and the Learn to Swim program at our swimming pool. Qualifications include LGI, WSIT, and lifeguard certification and previous lifeguarding and supervisory experience. This is a seasonal position from May to September. If interested, please submit resume to Joe DeTillio by February 12, 2016.
The City of Avon Lake is looking for enthusiastic, qualified lifeguards for our outdoor aquatics center. This is a seasonal part-time position from June-Labor Day. Applicants must be 15 years of age. Please send completed Seasonal application to Lorrie Bruce.
Four Skill Qualifications are as followed.
1. Swim 550 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles are allowed.
2. Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
3. Complete a timed event within 1 minute and 40 seconds.
• Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
• Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
• Return to the surface and swim 20 yards to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are
able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
4. Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4 to 7 feet of water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards to complete the skill sequence.
Recreational Park Attendants:
Under the supervision of the Recreation Director, the Recreational Park Attendant provides assistance and direction to park visitors and promotes safety in our parks. We are seeking individuals interested in a range of recreational programming for all ages. Part of the duties include assisting with our recreational fishing and nature programs. An interest in and willingness to learn about local ecosystems is a plus. Those pursuing a degree in Parks & Recreation, Biology, Environmental Sciences or a related degree are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a seasonal part-time position (May through August). Applicant must be 19 years of age with previous work experience. Please send resume along with a completed Seasonal application to Lorrie Bruce.
Public Works: Seasonal Job Application
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER