At the Avon Lake Police Department, Records Division.
The cost is $1.00.
You need to call the number on your electrical bill.
No. Call the number on your bill. You have to call and report your area to the electric company. They will have questions for you about your outage and your account.
Leave them alone and they will move on. Stay away from them.
The Avon Lake Police Department does not trap nuisance animals (racoons, skunks, groundhogs, etc.). A list of nuisance trappers can be found here: Commercial Nuisance Wild Animal Control Operators , the Lorain County listings start on page 20.
You may contact Mike Cottom at 440 236-8114. You may also visit Mr. Cottom’s website at
12 years old - 10:00 p.m.
13 - 15 years old - 11:00 p.m.
16 - 17 years old - 1:00 a.m.
- Contact ALPD and inform dispatch of the animal's description. - Is it wearing a collar? Does it have an ID tag? Does it have a county license tag #? Does it have a microchip? Also list the animal's name, size, coloring, gender, and breed.
- Inform dispatch of when it went missing and the Owner's address and contact information.
- Contact Love-A-Stray (216-314-0321) and give them the same information that was given to ALPD Dispatch.
- Contact local veterinary offices to see if the dog/cat was turned in at their location.
- Contact neighboring police agencies - dogs and cats can travel far.
- Contact the Lorain County Dog Warden (440-326-5995).
- Follow up with these agencies is encouraged in the event your animal is not immediately located.
Located in the Safety Center lobby is a prescription pill turn-in container and a separate container for medical sharps.
- Pills cannot be put in with any packaging. Remove them from the bottle and deposit them in the container. Before throwing away your empty pill bottle, black out your name and any other personal information or remove label.
- Syringes deposited in the sharps container MUST be empty. We do not collect syringes with any liquid/medications inside them.
- If you need assistance ask at the Records or Dispatch desks.
Parking on streets in the City of Avon Lake is prohibited from 2 am to 6 am every day of the week.