2024 Solar Eclipse
2024 Center Line Eclipse Viewing
The Path of Totality Peaks in Avon Lake!
Every second counts for the April 8, 2024 solar eclipse, and the City of Avon Lake will experience almost four full minutes of eclipse viewing – several seconds more than surrounding areas in the path of totality! With a 5-mile lakefront, we’re offering unique Ohio solar eclipse viewing opportunities, rentals and memorable experiences – including RV and tent camping, overnight parking, celebrations, watch parties and more!
Lakefront Solar Eclipse Accommodations
Get ready to see nearly four minutes of solar eclipse viewing on April 8, with spectacular lake views and unforgettable gatherings – making Avon Lake the ideal spot for great Ohio solar eclipse viewing photos!
Make Your Plans for a Weekend of Celebrations!
Saturday, April 6
Avon Lake Explorer Sip & Shop
3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Enjoy specials throughout the city from many businesses and restaurants
More info coming soon
Sunday, April 7
Avon Lake Eclipse Chaser 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk
Packet pick-up and registration starts at 9:00 a.m.
Race begins at 10:00 a.m.
Eclipse Eve All-Day Music Festival 11:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. Beach Park Station Stop 65 After the race, enjoy a free day of music and food at Beach Park Station Stop 65.
Monday, April 8
Center Line Watch Party
11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
While both Miller Road Park and Weiss Park will offer open and unobstructed views of the eclipse, campers are also invited to attend our ticketed local watch party.
More Information | Purchase Tickets
Let Us Do the Driving: The Solar Express Shuttle
While some events are walkable from Miller Road Park, we’ll also be offering a hop on/hop off shuttle Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Get your weekend Solar Express information here.
Conveniently Located Near a Variety of other Ohio Solar Eclipse Viewing Events
Cleveland Science Center - Total Eclipse Fest
Cleveland History Museum - Total on the Oval
Lake Erie Crushers - Lights Out in the Land
Book Your Solar Eclipse 2024 Camping Experience
If you’re looking for a solar eclipse rental, Avon Lake is ready for you. Avon Lake is home to over 220 acres of parkland, including our signature lakefront greenspace Miller Road Park. We’ll be opening up both Miller Road Park and our family-friendly park Weiss Field to RV, camper and tent advance rentals. Both parks are located within a few miles from the 2024 eclipse center line.
Each 2024 Solar Eclipse Rental Includes:
- 1 overnight parking space for a 3-night stay. Check-in begins Saturday, April 6 at noon. Check-out on Tuesday, April 9 by noon.
- A great viewing area, including a certified pair of eclipse glasses for each attendee identified on the application.
- 24-hour security with in and out privileges.
- Accessible shuttle loop around Avon Lake, including local restaurants and shops on Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Tickets sold separately
Miller Road Park
33760 Lake Road
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
33401 Webber Road
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
RVs & Tow Campers* (no tents)
RVs & Tow Campers* Tent Camping
14.7-acre park on the shores of Lake Erie with paved lakefront walking trail
- Located on bike-friendly Lake Road (U.S. 6)
- Restrooms (no showers)
- Playground and wide-open areas suitable for children to run and play
- Pavilion and gazebo
- Picnic tables and grills
- Fishing pier**
79-acre park located two miles from the lakefront
- Restrooms (no showers)
- Dog park
- Basketball court
- Ball fields
- Bike & skate area
- Walking trails
Pay 1 fee and stay up to 3 nights around your travel schedule!
$375 per 40’x20’ parking space
$300 per 40’x20’ RV parking space
$150 per 20’x20’ tent/parking space
*Parking permits will not be issued to boats, trailers, commercial vehicles, etc.
** Please review Ohio Department of Natural Resources for fishing rules and regulations.
- All RV spots are boondocking. There will be no connections to water, electricity or sewer.
- -For Pump Out Service Call Aris Services at 330-562-8300 to arrange.
-Please be mindful of safety around stairs, tips-outs and slide-outs that could obstruct other park visitors
- Wastewater may not be discharged into the public system at any camping location.
- Dogs are permitted and must be kept on a leash at all times. Dog waste must be picked up immediately by the owner.
The Parking Permit Registration/Application must be completed and approved by the City of Avon Lake Recreation Department. If approved, the Recreation Department will notify the applicant that their registration/application has been approved. All fees must be paid at the time of registration.
The physical Parking Permit will be issued to the applicant upon their arrival to the designated park/parking space. The Parking Permit will only be issued to the registered person and vehicle.
Solar Eclipse Rental Terms
- Must be 18 years of age and older to register.
- The permit is only valid for the dates and times listed; i.e. Saturday, April 6, 2024 to Tuesday, April 9, 2024 and is good for 1 designated parking space.
- Must park in the assigned space you are directed to.
- Boondocking – no connections to water, electricity, or sewer.
- For pump out service call Aris Services at 330-562-8300 to arrange.
- Wastewater may not be discharged into the public system at any location other than a licensed discharge station.
- Please be mindful of safety around stairs, tips-outs and slide-outs that could obstruct other park visitors.
- Dogs are permitted and must be kept on a leash at all times. Dog waste must be picked up immediately by the owner and placed in the trash cans as set forth in Section 660.03 regarding littering.
- Parking Permit is non-transferable-No consumption of alcohol on park premises.
- No Campfires
- No Smoking (tobacco or marijuana)
- No Vaping
- No Fireworks
- No Drones
- No Weapons of any kind
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Full refund for cancellations 90 days in advance
- 50% refund for cancellations 60 days in advance
- No Refund for any cancellation made within 60 days of the event
All park visitors shall comply with all municipal park rules. Here is a partial list of park rules as outlined in section 1070.02 of the codified ordinances of the City of Avon Lake, Ohio. Click here for a full list of Avon Lake's rules.