Road Work Updates
The City of Avon Lake has started its 2021 Street Program projects. Updates will be posted here, as work progresses throughout the city.
Concrete Streets: June 15, 2021 Update:
- Work is continuing on Schooner Court cul-de-sac. New concrete is expected to be poured tomorrow (06/16/2021).
- Cutting of the concrete is continuing on Timberlane, with removal of old concrete starting tomorrow (06/16/2021).
- Nottingham Drive and Admirals Way cul-de-sacs have been poured, and are expected to be cured by the end of the week
- Once concrete is poured, it takes 7 to 14 days for it to cure. Closed road sections will open after it is cured.
- One lane will remain open in work areas on streets. Cul-de-sacs will be closed. Affected residents will receive letters from the contractor.
Asphalt Streets: June 15, 2021 Update:
-Adjustments are being made to manholes and other infrastructure in the streets. Final layer of pavement will follow, once infrastructure work is complete.
-Roads will remain passable in work areas, and driveways will be accessible.