The Avon Lake Digital Media Commission oversees many of the city’s established and emerging digital assets, including our website, social media content and cable access TV channels.
- Dave Updegraff, Chair
- Chip Minnich
- Weldon Rice
- Julie Short
- Scott Herrick
- Billie Jo David
Meeting Times & Locations
Meetings are held the third Thursday of September, October, November, January, February, March, April and May at 6:30 p.m. in the Digital Media Department in the Lower Level of the Avon Lake Public Library. If you would like to join the meeting contact Barb Cagley, firstname.lastname@example.org or (440) 933-7677
Specific Commission Responsibilities:
- Advising Council regarding general policy relating to the operation and uses of access channels with a view toward maximizing the diversity of programs and services to viewers
- Encouraging the use of access channels among the widest range of institutions, groups and individuals within the City
- Advising Council of changes in the state-of-the-art of cable technology and the applicability of the same to access channel programming for the system
- Recommending expenditures within the limits of the Cable Television Improvement Fund
- Submitting reports to Council, including, but not limited to, a summary of the utilization of access channels, a review of any plans submitted during the year by the grantee for the development of new services, and a summary report of Commission deliberations throughout the year in connection with its assigned functions
For more information, visit the Digital Media page.