Snow is a way of life in northeast Ohio; that’s why Avon Lake has a thorough plan in place for clearing snow for all 96 miles of roads within our city limits. Here’s what you can expect:
- During a snowstorm, a five-truck route is in effect.
- During a heavy storm there are two trucks per route operating (10 total).
- If the Police or Fire Departments need assistance in an emergency, the snow plows will be diverted to clear the way.
- Side streets will not be serviced until all major roads are clear and heavy winds often necessitate repeated plowing of the major roads.
- Cul-de-sacs take longer to plow (the City has 90 cul-de-sacs) thus falling lower in the priority list.
- The trucks will plow their given route in the reverse direction when the next snowfall occurs.
- Do not park on the streets when there is more than 2" of snow expected.
- Keep sidewalks and area surrounding fire hydrants clear of snow.
Did you know? City ordinance prohibits blowing/shoveling snow from driveways into public streets or plowing snow across a public street.
Questions? Contact Us - 440-930-4126