Old Firehouse Senior Center
Located at 100 Avon Belden Road, corner of SR-83 and Lake Road across from Veterans' Memorial Park.
Daily Senior Programming
• Avon Lake Women's Chorus. Rehearsals Monday mornings at 9:30am.
• Bingo is generally on the third Thursday of each month at 2pm. Call to sign up.
• Blood Pressure checks are provided on the third Tuesday of each month at 12:30pm.
• Bridge group meets Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 12:30pm.
• Dominos group meets Tuesdays at 1pm.
• Friday Crafts is a creative group for all crafters. Meets Fridays 10am-12pm.
• Hand & Foot meet Monday and Friday 12:30pm-4pm.
• Indoor Walking Group. Group walks the perimeter of our main room 8am-9am weekday mornings.
• Lunch & Learn opportunities are available at least once a month. Our newsletter offers details.
• Mahjong players meet Mondays at 12:30pm and Tuesdays at 1pm.
• Movies are shown Wednesdays at 10:00am.
• Senior Hot Lunch is the third Tuesday of each month. Cost is $7; $5 for members; free to those 90 years and up. Must pay at Old Firehouse to register.
Fitness Classes at the Old Firehouse
SilverSneakers® and Renew Active® are fitness programs offered through most Medicare supplemental insurance companies. Members can help contribute to our center and get free access to our fitness programming. Please check in at the front desk each time you visit. If you are not sure if you are eligible, we can help. Folks with either of these programs also gain free access to our Aquatic Center and water aerobics classes in the summer months.
No fee for Renew Active or SilverSneakers members. Otherwise, there is an $8.00 drop-in fee per class. A membership may be purchased for $60.00 providing admittance to 12 visits at $5 each to our regular group fitness classes.
Current Class Offerings
• BOOM-MUSCLE: Mon. 8am | Tues. 9am & 4pm | Thur. 9am. For those with no impaired movement and physically fit.
• CIRCUIT: Mondays and Thursdays 10:30am-11:15am. For those that might require a chair for additional support.
• CLASSIC: Wednesdays 10:30am-11:15am. For those that might require a chair for additional support.
• FOCUSED GENTLE YOGA: Mondays 11:30am-12:15pm. For those that might require a chair for additional support and may have moderate movement impairment.
• GENTLE YOGA FLOW: Fridays 10:00am-10:45am. For those with little or no movement issues, but must be able to get up and down on the floor.
• GENTLE YOGA: Tuesdays 11:30am-12:15pm and Wednesdays 11:30am-12:15am. For those that might require a chair for additional support, but must be able to get up and down on the floor.
• STABILITY PLUS: Tuesdays 10:30am-11:15am, Fridays 11:30am-12:15pm. For those with lesser mobility issues..
• STABILITY: Mondays & Wednesdays 9:30am-10:15am. For those with moderate to severe mobility issues, such as arthritis, MS, or Parkinson's.
• YOGA FLOW: Thursdays 4:00pm-5:00pm. For those with no impaired movement, being healthy and free of injury.
Individual memberships to the Old Firehouse Senior Center are available for $25/year (couple $40/year). Memberships include our monthly newsletter mailed to your residence, use of our fitness equipment, and $2 discount for the Senior Hot Lunch. Memberships help defray the cost of coffee and other provided amenities.
Memberships are not required to visit our Senior Center.
Newsletter subscriptions are available for $12/year and will keep you informed of all upcoming activities.
Join us on June 9th for our Senior Prom/Luau for folks of age 55 years or older. Click below for information and registration.