City ordinances allow residents to host a garage sale on their property up to four times per calendar year and up to four days per each occurrence. No zoning permit required! Residents can place temporary signs in residential areas, as long as those signs meet certain criteria listed below. Signs that are placed in the public right-of-way, tree lawns, or attached to street signs or utility poles will be removed.
Upcoming Garage Sale Events in Avon Lake
No events at this time.
Submit information on your garage sale *one week before the event* below:
Garage Sale Signage Dos and Don’ts:
- Up to two signs with a commercial message are permitted on any single lot.
- The signs may only be window or yard signs.
- Signs should be no larger than six square feet with a maximum height of six feet.
- For lots or subdivisions where there is a minimum lot area of 10 acres, one of the signs may be 40 square feet with a maximum height of six feet.
- Signs must be set back at least five feet from roads and sidewalks.
For a full list of detailed regulations and signage rules, visit the zoning section of the City website.