Curbside Refuse Service with Kimble Companies
- There are three levels of service available to residents: 96-gallon service, 64-gallon service and Unlimited service. Please contact Kimble Recycling & Disposal, Inc., to modify level of service.
- Trash and recycling materials will be picked up on the day indicated on map below (or on this list), beginning at 7:00 AM, EXCEPT when a holiday falls on the regular pick-up day. Please see below for map and guidelines.
- Weekly pickup is limited to the contents of the carts.
- Bulk and excess trash will be collected one time per month at no additional cost, and is limited to 2 cubic yards. Please see below for more information on additional pickups of excess trash, items that are prohibited from the carts as well as suggestions for proper disposal of these items.
- Acceptable items for your recycling cart include paper, newspaper, cardboard, metal and aluminum cans, glass bottles and plastic jugs and bottles labeled with a 1 or 2. Please see below for a list of items not accepted.
- Yard waste will be collected on your regularly scheduled collection day March 1 through December 31. Please see below for more information.
- To set up auto-pay or to modify your level of service, please contact Kimble Customer Service at 1-800-201-0005, live chat on their website or email them at CustomerService@KimbleCompanies.com.
- Special medical pick-up service is available to those whose mobility is medically and physically impaired as described in O.R.C. Section 4503.44(A)(1). To request this service please fill-out this form and send it to Kimble.
All residences are automatically set up to receive the 96-gallon cart service. If you would rather have the 64-gallon or unlimited service, please contact Kimble Customer Service at 1-800-201-0005 or at their website. Customer Service Center phone hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM and Saturday 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM. If you want to opt-out of trash collect service please fill-out this form and send it to Kimble.
Recycling and refuse materials will be picked up on the day indicated on map below or on this list, except when a holiday falls on the regular pick-up day (please see list of holidays below), when recycling and refuse materials will be delayed by one day. For weather-delay alerts, please refer to the service bar at the top of their website or visit their Facebook page.
NOTE: Please do not jam items into or overload cart. Recycling carts containing refuse will not be emptied and will be tagged to notify the resident of improper use.
Time of Collection
To ensure your refuse and recycling are collected, please place your carts at your curb by 7:00 AM. Carts may be placed out on the tree lawn after 5:00 PM. the day before pick-up and should be removed within 24 hours of pickup.
The wheeled carts are designed to work with automated collection trucks so proper placement is important. Carts should be within 2 to 3 feet of the street with the handle facing away from the curb and at least 3 feet from other carts, mailboxes, trees, or other obstacles. This allows drivers to service their customers in a safe and efficient manner. Please place refuse and recycling carts on the tree lawn or in your driveway only. Even in the event of snow, carts placed in the street create a problem for city snow plows.
Fourth of July
New Year's Day
There is no refuse or recycling service on these days. All service will be delayed one day.
Bulk and Excess Trash Guidelines
Each residence will be allowed to place up to 2 cubic yards (6 feet wide, 3 feet high and 3 feet depth - the size of a standard bed pickup truck) of bulk and excess trash out for collection one time in a calendar month on their regular scheduled collection day. If a residence needs more than the one-time bulk service in a calendar month, the items will be picked up and the residence will be charged. All trucks are equipped with a computer to track the individual bulk pickups. Extra services will be charged based on the "Large and Extra Items Rate" page. Appliances containing Freon (like an air conditioner or refrigerator) must have the Freon removed and the unit tagged by a qualified technician. Residences subscribing to unlimited service can set out up to 2 cubic yards of bulky and excess items on each regularly scheduled collection day at no additional charge.
Disposing of tires, batteries, paint, oil and more.
The weekly curbside collection with Kimble Companies does not include tires, batteries, automotive/truck parts, paint, oil, fluorescent bulbs, gas cans, propane tanks, hazardous/infectious waste, flammable liquids, and any waste prohibited from disposal in a municipal solid waste landfill. You can make arrangements to dispose of many of these items with the Lorain County Solid Waste Management District. Please contact the Lorain County Collection Center at 440-329-5440. The facility is located at 540 South Abbe Road, Elyria, OH 44035. Open Center hours are Monday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., Wednesday 12:00-6:00 p.m., and Saturday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Lorain County Collection Center website.
Disposing of compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
Since CFLs contain a very small amount of mercury, they should not be disposed of in your usual refuse bin. The following locations will properly dispose of CFLs:
Lorain County Collection Center, 540 South Abbe Road, Elyria, OH 44035 More Information
Avon Lowe's, 1445 Center Rd, Avon, OH 44011 440-937-3500
Avon Home Depot, 35930 Detroit Rd, Avon, OH 44011 440-937-2240
Responsibly dispose of your tires
Lorain County Residents are able to properly dispose of passenger tires for free at the Lorain County Scrap Tire Collection Sites. Please Note: In the State of Ohio, it is illegal to transport more than 10 scrap tires at anytime, anywhere, without first obtaining a registration certificate from the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
All grass clippings and other yard waste must be put at the curb in brown paper bags not to exceed 50 pounds or in personal containers that are 33 gallons or less. Residents may use their old trash cans by labeling them “Yard Waste” as an alternative to brown paper bags. Just like the brown paper bags, the trash cans must not exceed 50 pounds.
Brush and small tree trimmings must be cut to less than 6 inches in diameter, no more than 4 feet in length, bundled and securely tied, and less than 50 pounds. The bundled brush and branches can then be placed at the curb with refuse carts. Smaller branches can be put in personal containers that are 33 gallons or less. The bundled brush and branches or containers can then be placed at the curb with refuse carts.
Larger branches and shrubs are picked up by the City using the chipper truck. City crews follow a route through the city and there is no specific day for pick up. Depending on the amount of branches to be collected, it can take the crews as long as two to three weeks to complete a full route. Branch pickup is not a city service during leaf and snow because the leaf and snow removal equipment use the same trucks as the branch chipper equipment.
Landscapers and tree services are responsible for removal of any yard waste and branches they generate while working at a residence.
Christmas trees will be collected the first and second full weeks of January. Ornaments, tinsel, etc. must be removed from the tree. They shouldn't be encased in plastic. Trees that are taller than six feet must be cut in half.
Questions? Contact Us - 440-930-4126