Zoning Permits and Applications

Do you need a Zoning Permit or a Building Permit?

Many projects will require both a Zoning Permit and a Building Permit. Zoning Permits approve the WHERE and Building Permits approve the HOW. Questions relating to where various structures can be placed on the property should be directed to Austin Page, Planning & Zoning Manager, with the Community Development Department (440-930-4114 or apage@avonlake.org). Questions regarding actual construction methods should be directed to the Building Department.

*** All permits and applications shall be submitted online via the Avon Lake Public Portal.***

Learn more about obtaining a Zoning Permit

Residential Building Zoning Permit
Commercial Building Zoning Permit
Use Variance Application
Area Variance Application
Zoning Occupancy Permit (For New Business)