Lost or Missing Dogs and Cats
If your find or lose a dog or cat:
- Contact ALPD and inform dispatch of the animal's description: Is it wearing a collar? Does it have an ID tag? Does it have a county license tag number? Does it have a microchip? Also list the animal's name, size, coloring, gender and breed.
- Inform dispatch of when it went missing and the owner's address and contact information.
- Contact Love-A-Stray at 216-314-0321 and give them the same information that was given to ALPD Dispatch.
- Contact local veterinary offices to see if the dog/cat was turned in at their location.
- Contact neighboring police agencies - dogs and cats can travel far.
- Contact the Lorain County Dog Warden at 440-326-5995.
- Follow up with these agencies is encouraged in the event your animal is not immediately located.