Updates on City Services
Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases in Lorain County and nationwide, the following policies will take effect for the City of Avon Lake starting Monday, 12-7-2020:
- Locked drop boxes will be placed outside of city hall and also the building/service department to facilitate contactless drop off/delivery of documents
- Those seeking scavenger permits must call the main reception desk for instructions on how to apply. They will not be allowed into the building without prior arrangements.
- No new solicitor permits will be issued at this time. Those who already have a permit will be allowed to continue to solicit as long as they follow all pertinent rules & regulations.
- The following people will be allowed to enter city hall to conduct business:
> Mail and package delivery
> Wedding ceremonies (limited to two guests in addition to the couple getting married)
> Visitors to the building, provided they have made an appointment or the employee approves admittance. We encourage all visitors to make an appointment before arriving at city hall.
- Department heads are responsible for coordinating proper staffing of their departments and there will be someone for each department answering the phone during regular operating hours, either in person or remotely.
- The public should call the department’s direct phone number instead of main reception. Reception is unable to transfer the call in the event they are working remotely.
In Case Of Emergency, Call 9-1-1
Public Works - Engineering: 440-930-4101
Public Works - Service: 440-930-4126
Finance Director: 440-930-4124
Avon Lake Municipal Court: 440-930-4103
Mayor's Office: 440-930-4100
Police (Non-Emergency): 440-933-4567
Fire (Non-Emergency): 440-933-8305
Digital Media: 440-933-7677
Clerk of Council: 440-930-4121
Economic Development: 440-930-4167