Call 440-930-4126 for Information and Scheduling
Transportation curb-to-curb service is available to all Avon Lake residents on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The transport van has a wheelchair lift available. Appointments are scheduled 24 hours to 3 weeks in advance. 24-hour notice is required for scheduling transportation. There is no fee for this service. Appointments are taken on a first-come basis.
TRANSPORTATION POLICY AND PROCEDURE:
- 24-hour notice is required for scheduling van transportation.
- A Passenger Transportation Information Form must be completed and returned before your first transport.
- Appointments are scheduled on a first-come basis
- Wheelchair transportation is available.
- No tipping.
- No smoking.
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times.
- Please be ready 10 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time. We try our best to be punctual. However, traffic, weather conditions, etc., can interfere with schedules.
- When medical or personal appointment is over, passenger must call driver at 440-653-1977 to request a pick-up for their return ride.
- The final pick-up of the day is at 3:00 p.m. If the passenger is unable to be ready for pick-up by then, they will need to arrange for an alternate means of transportation.
- Scheduled stops only.
- Transportation services are canceled when Avon Lake Schools are closed due to inclement weather. If the van is not operating because of weather or mechanical problems, passengers will be notified by telephone.
- CANCELLATIONS: PLEASE PHONE IN CANCELLATIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Cancellations may be phoned in to 440-930-4126 as soon as possible any time, day or night (voice mail messages are appreciated).
SCHEDULE FOR LOCAL SHOPPING
MONDAY – Medical appointments, Drug Mart Plaza and area.
TUESDAY – Medical appointments, Avon Lake Public Library, Giant Eagle and Learwood Square.
WEDNESDAY – Medical appointments, Avon Commons and Wal-Mart
THURSDAY – Medical appointments ONLY.
For other related information, please follow the links below: