Avon Lake Community Transportation
Call 440-930-4126 for Information & Scheduling
Unassisted curb-to-curb service is available to all Avon Lake residents on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8:30 AM to 3 PM. The transport van has a wheelchair lift available. There is no fee for this service. Transportation is available for local shopping, banks and medical appointments.
Transportation Policy and Procedure:
- Scheduling for the van is on Thursdays and Fridays from 8:00 am until Noon. You may schedule up to 3 weeks in advance.
- A Passenger Transportation Information Form must be completed and returned before your first transport.
- Appointments are scheduled on a first-come basis.
- Wheelchair transportation is available. We are unable to accommodate motorized chairs or scooters.
- No Smoking
- No Tipping
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times. Wheelchairs must have their own seatbelt.
- Please be ready 10 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time. We try our best to be punctual. However, traffic, weather conditions, etc., can interfere with schedules.
- When medical appointment is over, passenger must call driver at 440-653-1977 to request a pick-up for their return ride.
- The final pick-up of the day is at 3:00 PM. If the passenger is unable to be ready for pick-up by then, they will need to arrange for an alternate means of transportation.
- Scheduled stops only, additional same day requests will not be granted.
- Transportation services are canceled when Avon Lake City Schools are closed due to inclement weather. If the van is not operating because of weather or mechanical problems, passengers will be notified by telephone.
- Cancellations: Phone in cancellations as soon as possible. Cancellations may be phoned in to 440-930-4126 - any time, day or night (voice mail messages are appreciated).
Schedule for Local Shopping
Monday – Medical appointments, Drug Mart Plaza and area, Avon Lake Public Library.
Tuesday – Medical appointments, Giant Eagle and Learwood Square.
Wednesday – Medical appointments, alternating between Avon Commons and Wal-Mart.
Thursday – Medical appointments ONLY.
For other related information, please follow the links below: