Messages from the Mayor  |   Update on City Services   |    Local Assistance   |   Business Support

UPDATED 3/31/2020


Q: Is the dog park open?

A: Not at this time.

Q: Can I play tennis on the city tennis courts?

A: No, the courts are locked for the safety of our residents.

Q: Can my children play on the city or school's playground equipment?

A: No, the stay at home orders from the governor specifically address this issue.

Q: Can I still go to the city parks?

A: At this time, all city park outdoor spaces remain open, although all buildings and shelters will be closed. We ask all visitors to observe the current best practice guidelines for social distancing.

Q: Has trash/recycling/yard waste pickup been impacted?

A: For current information on Kimble Recycling & Waste Removal, visit: If you live in an HOA, contact your HOA representative for updated pickup information.

Q: Has branch/brush pickup changed/stopped?

A: Currently, Public Works is still continuing their branch/brush routes with the chipper truck. Continue to place branches/brush on the curbside (but separate from trash & recycle containers).

Q: Is Simple Recycling providing service at this time?

A: No, effective March 23rd, Simple Recycling will be temporarily discontinuing pickup service due to the Coronavirus. Please fill up your Simple Recycling bags and hold onto them until we resume operations.

Q: I’m cleaning out my house. What can I do with these sensitive documents?

A: Put them into paper bags or document boxes. The next Community Shred Day is scheduled for May 16, 2020. For more information.

Q: How do I get an absentee ballot? Where can I find updated election information?

A: Contact the Lorain County Board of Elections by calling (440) 326-5900 or visiting Once you submitted the request for a ballot it will take about two weeks to get the ballot.

Q: Where can I get up-to-date information on COVID-19 (the Coronavirus)?

A: For the Ohio Department of Health’s informational page, visit: For the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, visit:

Q: Can I still register for summer Recreation Programs/Summer Camp/Safety Town?

A: All summer program registration will remain open with dates currently remaining the same. To register for Recreation programs, visit If you have questions for the Recreation Department, call 440-930-4130 or email

Q: Will Chief Streator resignation impact services provided by the Avon Lake Police Department?

A: No. Services will continue as normal. An acting chief will assume the role for the time being.

Q: My driver's license expires soon, will I get a ticket for driving with an expired license?

A: The BMV's frequently ask question's page states they are working on adding an extension period. We would recommend you keep an eye on their website for updates.



Parks and Recreation
Streaming Community TV
Code Red Sign Up
Public Notices
Commercial Properties
Avon Lake Regional Water
City Directory
Do Not Knock